A school in Portugal hung a poster on its walls reminding parents that manners are taught at home, and it’s gone viral.
The poster lists five important points about manners kids should be learning at home, as the Portuguese school urges parents to take responsibility.
The poster has become a hit and is spreading like wildfire on social media!
Teachers invest so much of their time educating kids to become the leaders of tomorrow, but the school wants to make it clear that children learn values such as honesty and diligence from their parents.
Children aren’t born with a built-in sense of respect for others. They learn from the example set by parents and must be taught age-appropriate manners and etiquette accordingly.
The poster reads:
- We would like to remind you that magic words such as hello, please, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, and thank you, all begin to be learned at home.
- It’s also at home that children learn to be honest, to be on time, diligent, show friends their sympathy, as well as show utmost respect for their elders and all teachers.
- Home is where they learn to be clean, not talk with their mouths full, and how/where to properly dispose of garbage.
- Home is also where they learn to be organized, to take good care of their belongings, and that it’s not ok to touch others.
- Here at school, on the other hand, we teach language, math, history, geography, physics, sciences, and physical education. We only reinforce the education that children receive at home from their parents.
What do you think of the poster, do you agree with its points? Let us know in the comments!