If you love fried snacks but worried about the high calories, you might want to try these fried enoki mushroom fritters instead.
Not only these fried enoki mushroom (Flammulina velutipes) fritters make a crispy and delicious snack but they are also low in calories!
Compared to fried chicken, fries, and other high-calorie foods, fried enoki mushroom is only around 44 calories per serving, making it a greater and healthier alternative fried snack.
Plus, you do not really need many ingredients to make it at home. All you need is corn starch, eggs, oil for fry and of course, some enoki mushrooms.
- Enoki mushrooms
- Two eggs
- Corn starch
- Oil for fry
- Red or green chilies
- First, cut off the roots of the enoki mushrooms and separate them into small bunches.
2. Next, beat the eggs in a bowl.
3. Add the enoki mushrooms and make sure that the mushrooms are fully coated with the eggs.
4. Coat the mushrooms with some corn starch. For crispier mushrooms, repeat step 2 and 3.
5. Then, drop the mushrooms into hot oil. Set the heat to medium-high and fry the mushrooms for two minutes.
6. Fry the mushrooms until they turn golden brown and crispy.
7. Drain the mushrooms on a cooling rack or kitchen paper.
8. Chop the chilies and sprinkle it on top of the fried mushrooms. You can also sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste.
If you have not tried frying enoki mushrooms at home, why not give it a try! It really is simple and does not take long to make.