Pregnant teenage girl pronounced dead and buried—one day later her husband heard sounds coming from her tomb!


In a town called la Entrada, Honduras, a teenage girl who was 3 months pregnant was pronounced dead after she fainted from a panic attack.

It all started when there was a sound of gunfire. Neysi Perez who was 16 years old at that time was 3 months pregnant. She immediately suffered a panic attack and fell down. When foam started to came out from her mouth, her parents decided to call a priest.

The priest suspected that she was possessed by an evil spirit and tried to exorcise her

When Peres failed to regain consciousness, her parents started to worry and rushed her to the hospital. However, it was too late and hours later, doctors have pronounced her dead.

Perez was buried in the wedding dress she had recently wore to get married

A day after her funeral, Rudy Gonzales, Perez’s husband went to visit her grave. Suddenly, he heard banging and muffled screams coming from inside the concrete tomb. He was quite shocked. “As I put my hand on her tomb I could hear noises inside. I heard banging, then I heard a voice. She was screaming for help,” said Gonzales.

Family members and local townsfolk smashed desperately and broke through the concrete block tomb where they buried Perez. They smashed the tomb with a sledgehammer and managed to extract her coffin. Gonzales recalled: “It had already been a day since we buried her. I couldn’t believe it. I was ecstatic, full of hope.”

The glass viewing window on her coffin had been smashed and the tips of her fingers were bruised

They quickly took her coffin where she was still laying inside and loaded it onto a truck. family members rushed to the nearest hospital in San Pedro Sula. Doctor Claudia Lopez recalled: “The whole family rushed in, almost breaking the door down, carrying the girl in her casket.” 

Despite efforts trying to revive her, all the tests carried out by the doctors indicated that she was clinically dead. Perez was later returned to the cemetery and reburied in the same tomb.

“Once we had taken her out of the tomb I put my hand on her body. She was still warm, and I felt a faint heart beat,” said her cousin, Carolina Perez

Maria Gutierrez, the mother firmly believed her daughter was buried alive and blamed the doctors for pronouncing her death too quickly.

Doctors believed that the panic attack temporarily stopped Perez’s heart. Some also hypothesized that she had undergone a cataplexy attack, which is the sudden temporary loss of voluntary muscle function due to extreme stress or fear.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here