2-yo toddler was electrocuted after she put a phone charger that was still plugged in into her mouth

0
269
Credit: Pxhere

A two-year-old girl in India was electrocuted to death after she put a phone charging cable into her mouth that was still plugged into the electric socket.

According to the Times of India, the toddler named Shehvar was playing in her grandparents’ home in Jahangirabad in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh during the incident which occurred on May 18.

The mother, Razia, left the toddler to play by herself while the charging cable which was plugged in was nearby. Someone in the family had been using the charger and had unplugged their phone but left the power on.

While Shehvar was playing around, the toddler put the charging cable into her mouth and got electrocuted.

In a report by Hindustan Times, the toddler was immediately rushed to the hospital but she was pronounced dead.

“The family has not approached us with any police complaint, so a case has not been filed. However, if somebody approaches us for a complaint, it will be done according to the norms,” Akhilesh Pradhan, station house officer of Jahangirabad Police Station told Times of India.

The death of the toddler follows a similar episode where a 7-year-old boy in Indonesia was electrocuted to death while using his grandmother’s mobile phone on March 15.

The mobile phone was reported to still being plugged into the power socket.

According to the World of Buzz, the boy named Alfani Yeskiel Tuke was playing a game on the mobile phone when he suddenly got electrocuted.

Credit: Apple Daily

The boy was found lifeless when his grandmother returned home to find him laying on the floor, unmoved as if he was sleeping.

She tried to wake him up and touched his shoulder but she got an electric shock. The grandmother then rushed to seek for help from their neighbors who later switched off the electric socket.

The police then confirmed that the boy died due to electric shock.

Credit: The Epoch Times 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here