Indoor plants have recently been gaining a lot of attention thanks to its ability to purify and improve air quality. It adds spark to your room and make your house appears to be cozier.
Since choosing the best one is not an easy task, here are 3 plants for every 5 rooms in your house:
We spend the whole night breathing air from our bedroom, so it’s best to start with three plants that we can put in the bedroom.
- Snake plant (Sansevieria Trifasciaita) – this plant emits oxygen at night and clears the airs of toxins. It can significantly improve sleep quality and perfect for those suffering from insomnia.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum) – this plant easily absorbs home and industrial toxins such as benzol, ammonia and acetone. Hence, it is good to place this plant in your bedroom especially after renovations and decorations.
- Moth orchids (Phalaenopsis) – this one comes with flowers, so it’s a bonus for decoration. It emits oxygen at night time, clearing the air of toluene.
The second room that we go to right after waking up from sleep would be the bathroom. So these are three plants that are suitable for your bathroom.
- Lady palm trees – this plant helps to clear the air of ammonia, which is used in cleaning the bathroom alongside different detergents.
- Chinese Evergreens – this one is perfect to get rid of formaldehyde in the air and best to be placed next to the shower.
- European Ivy – this one has the ability to absorb carbon dioxide way better than any other plant and can help to clear the air full of toxins, heavy metals and formaldehyde.
We also spend a lot of time in the living room, so it is natural to place indoor plants there too.
- Dracaena Reflexa – this plant clears the air from benzol, formaldehyde and other air toxins.
- Spider Plant (Chlorophytum) – gets for formaldehyde commonly emitted by car and tobacco smoke. More importantly, it moisturizes the air.
- Benjamin fig – this one clears the air of trichloroethylene which commonly found in glue and carpet detergents, phenol and benzol.
Besides adding the color to our kitchen, these plants are good to purify the air in the kitchen.
- Aloe Vera- this plant clears the air from formaldehyde and benzol.
- Stephanotis – besides making your kitchen looks lovelier with its ability to give you flowers all year long, this plant can make the air in your kitchen area healthier.
- African Violets (Saintpaulia) – this one is best for scaring away ants in the kitchen.
Baby’s room is one of the most important rooms in our house and we would always want the best condition for our baby. Hence, these are three plants that are best for the baby’s room.
- Coffee – this one is considered as a natural filter that can clear the air of phenol, benzol and formaldehyde.
- Hibiscus – this plant creates a pleasing microclimate and emits phytoncides—making the air much healthier and clearer to breathe.
- Cyclamen – this one can significantly help in getting rid of chronic tiredness, insomnia, irritability and depression.
Make sure to find the best one for your room!
Credit: Elite Readers