For those of you who are fortunate enough to have a garden space in your abode, you can unleash your creativity and landscape it to suit your tastes. Some people would opt to enlist the service of an outdoor designer but that can come with a hefty price tag. Here is a simple DIY that allows you to personalize your garden without blowing a hole in your pocket.
These DIY garden pathway steps are both simple and extremely fun to do as you can get the whole family involved.
Here are the steps on how make a beautiful garden path:
1. Mix up some cement with a thick spatula in large containers. Be sure to follow the instructions given on the cement mixture packaging as it differs according to types. Don’t forget to use an apron and gloves so as not to get the mixture on yourself
2. For each pave stone, you will need to place a large leaf flat on some cardboard with the back of the leaves facing upwards
3. Put a portion of the cement mixture on the leaves and spread it out evenly. Be sure to spread it out enough so that the thickness is about a 1/2 inch (1 cm) by the edge and about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) towards the center
4. Smear it out evenly and leave the cement to completely harden which would take about two hours
5. Once it has hardened, turn the leaf over and slowly peel it away from the cement to reveal the imprint of the leaf’s veins in the cement. Then let your cement pave stone harden some more for around a day or two
6. Once you are ready to set them in place, dig a shallow hole of about 1 inch (2.5 cm) where you want to place your stepping stones
7. The hole should be large enough to fit the stones in place and secure them into the ground. Make sure the soil is flat before placing the stones into your freshly dug hole
8. Finally all that’s left to do is to enjoy your new garden path!
This awesome DIY is versatile because you can also use the same method to decorate the inside of your house as well. You can bring nature into your home by imprinting different kinds of leaves to suit your liking.
Take for example this ‘red leaf’ which can be out in your house as a centerpiece
You can even experiment with a wide variety of leaves
Leaves which are curved during the drying process can be used as bowls
You can arrange these versatile creations in any way you choose in order to enhance your home